Over the last few months, this style of boot has been on trend, and we’re seeing it everywhere. I bought mine from Clarks, and they had a black band down the front that caught my eye straight away.
What if I added a personal touch in the form of an embroidered appliqué to make my boots stand out from the crowd? So that’s how I started this project.
The most important thing for me was to give the boots a special touch without spending too much money.
If you want to give it a go too, read on – you’ve got all you need to make the same accessory!
I filmed the process in a video that you can find on my Youtube channel.
If you want to use the same design as me, you can download it here:
- Measure the band of your boot. Mine are 10 x 4.5 cm.
- Cut two rectangles 2 cm larger than the size of the bands. My rectangles measure 12 x 6.5 cm.
- Draw the template for your appliqué on a piece of paper, according to the measurements of the band. My sketch is just under 10 x 4.5 cm.
- Cut out the inside of the paper stones. If your design is symmetrical like mine, you can fold the paper in half to cut out your template more quickly.
- Place the cut-out paper on the black felt. Using a white pencil, paint the inside of each hole to transfer the design onto the felt. Once all the stones have been marked, remove the paper. Your felt should show all the stone locations.
- Sew each stone to the felt with double thread. This stage takes some time.
- Trim off the excess felt. In my case, I cut 1 cm off each side, to get back to my original measurements of 10 x 4.5 cm.
- Sew (or glue) the felt to the band of your boot. If you’re sewing, use the thimble to make it easier for the needle to pass between the headband threads.
- Repeat the process in the other boot.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you try this appliqué, let me know or send me a photo of the result, I’d love to see it!
See you soon!
Delta V embroideries
In the Delta V atelier, I offer you modern, elegant and refined embroidery.
Check them out!